Sunday, May 28, 2006

So how has the weekend been for all of you?  My BF has been sick with a sinus infection but coming over and putting the "troops" here to work.  He had the kids doing all kinds of things yesteday.  Normally, they just lounge and ignore me when I fuss at them.  I should keep it up but it's much easier just to do the things than fuss for an hour.

We got the deck cleaned and almost all stained.  I went and bought some flowers today to plant.  My perennials around my pond look sad.  This is the first year that some didn't survive the winter in that area.  My wildflowers are coming up in another area but so are the weeds.  What a mess that is.  I'm so disappointed with my garden around the pond because that is usually the prettiest area.  LOL..time to visit my mom again and grab some of her perennials.  She was talking of needing to thin them out.

We had shish kebobs on the grill.  Becky didn't come.  She actually has a picnic today and tomorrow to go to.  My BF tried to eat but started to feel sick.  He's been ailing all weekend with some kind of sinus thing and needs to get some antibiotics.  

The heat kills him and hot it is.  It hit 90 today in the "Burgh".  We had absolutely no spring to speak of at all here which is pretty typical.  I'm getting antsy to get my pool up and running but it needs some patches.  My dearest Megan had a party when I was in Fla. last summer with Joey.  I came home to cigarette butts floating in the pool.  Lucky for her I got home after midnight and she was leaving for college at 9 the next morning.  I didn't notice the "damage" to a few things until she was gone. When I go to Ohio in June, if she's not working those nights, my BF is coming over to "babysit."  Joey will be here but I don't want him to have to be responsible for Miss Megan and her antics.

Otherwise, the weekend has been super quiet.  Megan is working tonight; Joe is back visiting in Pittsburgh; my BF is recuperating.  I actually had to put on the air conditioner today.  ROFL...but my BF did about croak.  He walked in and Mocha was perched on the 32" tv again that he bought us.

Tomorrow is another day of much needed yardwork and planting.  We are starting early in the morning so my BF can avoid the heat and humidity that we get by noon.

I was just wondering because another J-Lander brought up the fact that do you wish someone "happy" Memorial Day.  Actually, it is a somber day of recognition.  I suppose every holiday has turned into an occasion for celebrating nowadays. 

I'm wondering if I should even use the siggy tag that was made for me for Memorial Day.  It seems a little out of context but I guess I will and hope it's not offensive to some.  I apologize if it is.......

Nite all!!!!!!!!!

                 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your BF feels better soon.
Sounds busy round your place!
No offense here re Happy, seems all holidays have a Happy in frt of them. But as long as we remember the real reason for the Holiday & pay our respects then that's what matters.
Blessings,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Hope your BF is getting better.  No fun to be sick...especially on a holiday weekend!  
Enjoy the holiday!   Pamela

Anonymous said...

there is the crud going around here also some have sinus stuff others have fever aches and nausea yuck to all of it:) have a good monday

Deb

Anonymous said...

sounds like a busy day. I hope your bf feels better soon. I hope you get the pool up and going. Cuz now that it's getting hot. It was hot too this weekend in IL.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris...we had our a/c up and running today also. Memorial Day is indeed a somber holiday, but Happy in the fact that we are a free and great country, thanks to those who served and are still serving the USA. So Happy is okay. ( lol, my opinion. )
Hope your BF feels better. I know yardwork is a pain but it will look nice when you are finished.
Hugs,
Penny

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,

Your graphics are cute...very patriotic!  I wasn't offended at all. Hope your BF feels better, what a bummer to be sick during a long weekend, huh?

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

Blocked sinus's can be very painful ,You have been busy in the garden ,are you still using Megans PC or is this your one fixed lol ...........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Oh that tag is cute. Sorry to hear your BF is sick. Me too. God help me. We are leaving now for our Memorial Parade. I wont miss it for anything. Sounds like you are having a good quiet weekend. I want to see your pool and the flowers when you get time. Its nice here in Ohio right now but the heat is awful, 90 degrees.
I love ya girl.
lisa

Anonymous said...

I've just stumbled across your blog from who knows blog.  Mind if I snag a tag or few?  Credit given of course.  Feel free to drop by and say hello anytime.  De ;)

Anonymous said...

Actually it is OK to wish someone a Happy Memorial Day.  The day is in recognition for people who died for this country so you can enjoy a day like today.  So have a nice holiday.  Take care.

Phil

Anonymous said...

Sorry your BF is ill. Sounds like you've had a productive weekend.  I was going to make shish kabobs also, then we ended up grilling steak instead.  It was so tasty.  We haven't done much.  I wanted to paint my bedroom this weekend, but need help with furniture and no one seemed to keen.  LOL
I thought your tag and graphics are real cute.  Have a great Monday.
Barb

Anonymous said...

shame on Megan for not inviting me to the party...lol...sounds like you all have been busy....have fun planting those flowers...I have about killed off everything I have bought....Plants and flower seek cover when they see me coming...no..no...don't let her buy us...I've heard storys....they sing the death march when I leave with one...hehehehehehe...Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Hope your BF feels better soon!
I can't wait to get our pool going too...
we added some water yesterday....and are still
getting water off the top of the pool cover before we
attempt to take it off...then we need to add chemicals...
Then we will be set....oh how i wish it had been done for this
HOT weekend...lol   Hope you aren't workin too hard out in
the yard today....take lots of breaks and drink a cold one =)
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

I thought the tag was cute Chris.  :)  I hope that the BF is feeling better.  How big of a pool do you have? Back to work tomorrow...yuck!  Love ya, KJ