Saturday, March 31, 2007

Melodramatic Mama

           

Before I fuss and moan, I want to wish my oldest daughter, Rebecca Sue, a happy 26th birthday!  Happy Birthday, Becky!!!!!  I didn't forget...you just got lost in the shuffle of a crazy week.

Becky was due on April 8, 1981 but made her debut on March 31st...a 45 minute labor...lol.  I was on bedrest due to toxemia so God made sure she came fast and swift.  I was extremely high risk and a long labor would have been a nightmare.

                

Of course, I had to invade her facebook for a picture.  Don't ask me who this guy is but I know it's not her present BF.  She has tons of guy friends, or at least she did.  The quote is one she has now on her MySpace.  I couldn't find any bees I like so, oh well.  She is going to the museum today to view art...her first love.  She often says she has the soul of an artist living the life of science.  My firstborn and now my friend....

                     

So, what would my life be without some minor frustrations?  I hate to even fuss because so many in JLand are dealing with such major health issues.

From Wednesday evening through last night, I had some major PC issues.  Being a technological guru....NOT...I was stumped and frustrated.  My AOL security center was a mess and not functioning properly.  I removed it and reinstalled it.  MacAfee kept popping up a suspicious file yet none showed up on the virus scan.  So, my security is excellent now but my PC was super slow and acting up.  AOL has an active security monitor when I downloaded and the technical advise was pretty simple to follow.  I'm not sure how all the default settings got screwed up but I did remove the Norton stuff that came with my PC.  Ialso compressed my C drive which took hours even though I run a clean up every couple of days.  My final fix was running Windows PC checkup and virus scan from the live security center.  All is well.  I'm still getting a message from MacAfee but the IT guy at work said if Windows found nothing it has to be a file that appears suspicious but isn't a virus.  So I have to contact Gateway or AOL to finalize this. 

My major concer now is the number of files on this computer.  155,000....oy.  I think Joey downloaded more music and games.  I really need to remove more things.

So, I'm way behind on journals because I didn't dare go online much while running all the numerous fixes.  They were slow enough as it.  But things do appear to be running faster.

Grizzly's bloodwork came back fine so he is taking an extra half a pill in the morning along with the Glucosamine and MSM from GNC.  I can't afford Glycoflex but honestly I think the GNC stuff is working well along with his meds.  He's been flying up and down the stairs again so keeping my fingers crossed that it lasts a while.  His arthritis will be progressive.

I'm off to get my snow tires removed.  I didn't get around to it on Wednesday.  I need my BF to load my other tires in his truck.  He may not want to take the cover off of his truck since it's raining today...grrr.

It seems like spring has sprung here finally. 

              Love this tag!  Thanks to Angel! Country Angels Graphics and Signature Tags

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Very Happy Birthday to Becky...she is so pretty!  My daughter just had her 37th birthday yesterday...wow, time goes by so fast.  I don't blame you for not going on the computer until you felt all was resolved...better safe than sorry.  So happy to read about Grizzly...he is such a trooper.  Hope you have a lovely weekend...trying  to catch up, from my two days away from alerts...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Avery happy birthday to Becky ,what a lovely looking girl ,pleased Grizzly is doing ok now ,I like her quote ,does that mean I wont get stung lol ? get those tyres off and forget snow.have a good weekend ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture of your duaghter Chris she is so good looking make no wonder she has tons of guy friends as you put it.LOL..Why not at her age too she does right.Oh as for the probs with Aol etc,my mind boggles at these times.I do what is asked and just hope for the best.LOL.Seems all is ok when the auto checks are all carried out,Touch wood not had many probs lately,apart from AOL not sending alerts out last week.I rid of Mcafee last year it was a pain in the backside,and wasn't I glad too.Never had no problems much since I got rid of them, and replaved with a differant one.Happy to read Grizzly is doing well.Been lovely around here today, I have been out most of it in another town.Looking for spring clothes.So lets hope Spring has ariived.A very very "Happy Birthday" to your daughter and many more of them tell her.Take Care God Bless
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/atoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

ah happy b day to your duaghter. HSe very pretty.

Im glad grizly had good tests they now say dry dog food too. YOU know twice this week aol ran slowly my whole pc did. AOL has been doing some wwird stuf like yesterdya it says cant do mail we are upgradeing the other dya I got an upgarde notice nad it shut down on aol. ALL other pcs have ran slow at the same time. I think its aol not your pc

Anonymous said...

Chris, Happy Birthday to your daughter, I'll talk to you when I get back from Vegas Friday, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris! Happy Birthday to your daughter.  She's beautiful!  Really a knock out!  Hope you all have a good time for her Bday.
I was reading all you had done on your computer and was amazed. You are a computer wiz!!  I do the basic maintenance stuff, but anything more complicated and Joey has to come over to do it for me.  I ask him to show me, and he always "Forgets" so I think he actually likes to do it. LOL!
I had to get rid of Norton, it was totally messing with the computer.  
Glad to hear Grizzly is doing better.  I hope he stays well.
Pam

Anonymous said...

a big happy happy birthday to Becky. She is GORGEOUS, truly.
You lost me on all the things you did for your PC. I am glad they worked and you are on AOL. I need you here and safe and sound and happy. I am sad when you are sad. It is raining here too. Thank God Grizz is doing well.
LOVE YOU,lisa

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter!  Hope your enjoying your weekend.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Give Rebecca Sue a birthday hug from me. My daughter was actually 2 weeks late and she still didn't want to come, she was ass backwards and upside down LOL! Sorry your comp is giving you so much grief lately. Wow I'm lucky if I have close to 10,ooo files let alone 155, ooo......In all the craziness remember to take some me time for you hon. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to Rebecca Sue!!!! and I hope you have a great, and peaceful, weekend!
tina

Anonymous said...

have a great weekend:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I hate computer problems!!!!! They are never simple to fix... especially for me!!!!! LOL!!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday to Becky!!!  I am sorry that your computer is being naughty!!  I am very glad that Grizzly is doing well!  Yay!

{{{ hugs and love and prayers for ya, Chris }}}

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Becky!  Hard to believe your "baby" is 26!!!!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday to Becky I hope she had a very special day ~ she is so pretty ~ Hope you have sorted those PC problems ~ Glad Grizzly's bloodwork came back OK ~ It is a lovely Sunny warm Spring day here today ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Becky! I hope she enjoyed the visit to the museum, she's very beautiful. My second one was a 45 minute labour ....just get it over and done with! I'm so glad Grizzly's doing well, pets can be a worry can't they?! Have a good week. Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Becky, Chris. Don't tell me about computer gremlins, spent last week kicking them off the PC here. Still not convinced it's been a wholesale success :-\

Anonymous said...

Oh what a beatiful photo graphic of your daughter and friend for her birthday.  The young with graphic artist moms and relatives really luck out  They must love these.  Sounds like worry land over PC.  Big Dave comes up and cleans up mine every now and then  A very handy man to knw.  He tries to foresee something that will give me a problem.  He has been keeping track of this computer ever since I got it.  He is now in charge of the Westward Ho computer lab.  He is now trying to get me hooked up to free broadband downtown on the public access to ASU for strudents and people in range and I am just across the street  I am so excited!   Gerry  http://journals.aol.com/gehi6/daughters-of-the-shadow-men/  

Anonymous said...

Aww, Chris, not more computer problems. Arrrrgghhhh!!!
I hope Becky had a great birthday. That`s a cute picture of her. I`m glad to hear Grizzly is feeling better. I do hope you don`t need those snow tires any more!!
Love ya
Penny