Sunday, March 12, 2006

Good morning!  I think I've gotten caught up with most of my journal reading.  I had intended on switching to my E-Machine by now but I really am getting attached to this puter.  The color resolution is out of this world, and the PSP program and animation shop work far better and smoother on this one.  Call me a procrastinator...LOL.  Of course, I paid for both computers so the choice is mine.  Common sense will win in the end.  There is an extended warranty on the E-Machine for three years.  They have a "lemon" law in effect with the extended warranty....one more strike, and I get a new one.  I will use the computer far more than Joe will.  So, I'll bite the bullet.  I think I'm repeating myself.  It's been a long week.....

I was reading Penny's journal about the tremendous wind in Ohio on Friday.  It was only starting to kick up when I left for work.  It really pummeled us again around 10:00 am after I left.  It tore a shutter off the front of the house by Megan's window.  Cute story again...Joey asked me if Grizzly was acting nervous when I left.  Well, it was only starting to get a tad bit windy when I was leaving for work.  Now, Grizzly really doesn't pay much attention to Megan.  It's not that he doesn't like her.  It's just that Mocha is her kitty, and she fusses extensively over Mocha.  Grizzly is so jealous.  I think he's written Megan off for attention. 

He is absolutely forbidden to go on Megan's bed.  He doesn't even attempt it even when she's not home because she has scolded him endlessly about it.  No DoGs on Megan's bed.  Such a sweet, protective instinct Grizzly has.  He broke that rule on Friday morning.  He obviously heard the shutter creaking and being torn from the wind long before it actually pulled away from the house.  He bolted into Megan's bedroom and started licking her face to wake her.  LOL...of course, she was annoyed.  He then tried to grab her arm and pull her out of bed.  She thought he was whacko.  When she wouldn't get up, he jumped up on the forbidden bed and positioned himself almost on top of her.  Then came the horrific sound of the shutter being blown away.  Megan said it sounded like the window was going to blow into the house....then it sounded like the front of the house was being torn off.  Grizzly is really a gem....I adore that doggy.  He was protecting Megan.

My BF and Joey are going to have a busy spring when it gets here.  My garage roof is in shambles.....still can't figure out how the slanted garage itself is withstanding the winds.  Now, the shutter.  Luckily it landed by the silver maple...must have blocked the wind from sweeping it off into the unknown.  It is broken in half but a straight break.  It's fixable.

I'm wondering what happened to the sunny and 70 that had been predicted earlier in the week?

Megan goes back to school today.  After our first skirmish, peace has pervaded.  She's still fussing about a car.  She could have our Oldsmobile but wants a new one.  At this point, beggars can't be choosers.  I was laughing because she was asking me if she could apply for food stamps next year when she has her apt.....not.  She is still a dependent on my income tax so my income would count.  She needs her own address for a year which she will have when she is a senior and could apply for college aid on her own (and, no doubt, food stamps, but I would then be over $200 a month short on money going to the IRS.  It would be far better for me to supplement her for food but I don't think it will come to that.  Plus, she would have to come off my health insurance, which she most definitely needs with her celiac.  I'm not sure how much it would cost to get insurance through her college but it wouldn't even equal the benefits of the Blue Cross I carry.

My BF is an accountant, by trade, but doesn't work in that capacity right now.  He was the chief of our Finance Divison before it was reconfigured by the invention of computers and outsourced to our Finance Center in Austin.  We will work with her on a budget before she moves off campus next school year.  She will be far more civil with him.  He will lay down the law gently but firmly.  She will listen to him.  Living off campus but not at home should give her the housing money.  Becky did this and succeeded on far less.

I still have to laugh at Megan.  The wheels in that mind of hers are always turning.  Still laughing coz mine turn the same way.  Some day she will realize this and probably have a daughter who's the same way and will carry this into the next generation.

Becky is having a Mary Kay make up party today...joy.  I used Mary Kay years ago.  I could use some lipstick but not the whole beauty regime.  I have my own stuff now.  Megan and I are supposed to stop on the way back to school.  Megan worked last night and didn't get home until 6 am this morning.  We have to be at Becky's at 2:00....not sure how we'll make it.  Celiac keeps Megan pretty exhausted.  I'm wondering if her Synthroid needs adjusted again.  She sees the endocrinologist again next month.  I can't see her getting up at noon today but don't want to disappoint Becky.

I'm going to end before I bore anyone to death.  I do have a story to tell about Becky and reuniting with her first love from high school this past weekend.  Danny was a sweetie but I'm afraid for her.  I'll go into this one later........

Thanks to Lisa Jo for sending me the beautiful angel tag.  As some of you know, I'm a collector of angels and fell in love with the tag.  HUGS, Lisa Jo!  (Especially since I forgot to save it as a gif and lost the animation and had to beg her to send it again so I could get the twinkles back.)

I'm ending a quote from an old high school teacher which has stuck with me all these years....When you arise each morning, say Good Morning, God!  If you arise and say Good God, morning, you are missing the point and setting the stage for the day.  Each day is a gift from God.  Embrace it.  Be thankful that you have awaken to yet another day of life............rejoice in it!  (Not bad coming from a health teacher/football coach back in the day when religion was still allowed to be mentioned in schools.)

 

                        

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you like the tag. I will look out for angels for you now. I have a list of people and things i look for and snag away! I live in Ohio too....did i tell you that for 2 days i have had thunderstorms and rain and lightning? Non stop. If only it was warm...there is a real nip in the air...BRR.
Sounds like your Meg and my Meg have alot in common. My Meg is a junior and wants a car so badly but we have no money so she uses mine. She treats my car like hell too. I am so glad you have Grizzly. What a wonderful doggie to care so much for all of you!! Have a happy Sunday.
LOVE,lisa

Anonymous said...

You can keep the wind :) and i will send the ice and snow too:)
Have a good sunday

Deb

Anonymous said...

The wind was horrible here too....
Knocked our henges right off our gate on the fence...
You will here more about that episode later today when
i update my J...UGH!   haha
I love the quote you added in your last paragraph...so true!
I also love your last angel graphic...beautiful!!!
I too collect angels...and also bears....love them!
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

OMG............ that is some terrific winds....
Ive never seen an emachine, but I have heard of them.
Do you like the features of it ?

Anonymous said...

Chris, Deb and I only live about 9 to 10 miles apart, with a difference of about 2000 feet in altitude.  Spring means snow, wet snow and heavy wet snow!  LOL. Ditto on Deb's comments.  A second machine,  Hummm...maybe hook one up in another location in the house? Take care, David

Anonymous said...

Chris, one more thing......Milo and malcom say "Woof, woof" to Grizzly!  I don't have much say when Milo wants on the bed....He's bigger than I am..LOL!!! The rule is "no dogs in the bedroom"! Smiles, David

Anonymous said...

well that is a nice quote.  I like it.  As for the dog, I just love dogs.  They have such instinct.

Anonymous said...

awesome wisdom from your high school teacher. hope you have a good time at the Mary Kay party; I use some of their products when I have the time to pamper myself :)

betty

Anonymous said...

WOW Grizzly was really looking out for Megan there !! Sorry, not sure here, but is Celiac wheat intolerant ? I hope Megan's ok when she wakes up and you get your lippy ~ I've used Mary Kay before ~ I like their hand treatment creams :-)
love n hugs, Debbie ~x~

http://journals.aol.com/debbiewebb4465/TheLifeTimesofanEssexGirl

Anonymous said...

Love that quote at the bottom....we all need to be thankful for each day for sure.  Wow, about that wind pulling off shutters and shingles.  And Grizzly...what a dog.  Your blessed to have him.  And your really lucky to know an Accountant.  Very expensive, even for advice, ya know?  Hve a great day Chris.  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris.... too cute about Grizzly! Aren`t dogs amazing! Such a good boy. :0)
Nice quote, too!
Love you,
Penny

Anonymous said...

Hi hun! What an awesome story about Grizzly, dogs are just amazing, aren't they? Hope you enjoy the party. That's a great quote from your old teacher, it's a shame that religion is such a taboo thing in schools nowadays. Have a great week! :-)

~ Susan
http://journals.aol.com/njmom72/InMyLife

Anonymous said...

See even though she loves her kitty and he is jelous he still love the girl.  You just gotta love dogs.  yours sounds like a gem.  hope you all had a good time at the MaryKay party.  Am waiting for you story with the reunion.  Takecare, TErryAnn.