Thursday, July 6, 2006

Pulling My Hair Out

Thanks to Dianna, Just Taggin' Along And Back Talkin' still a good link, just her previous name for Sazzy Kreationz.  Such a beautiful, serene tag.  Hope it rubs off on me today.

I'm just feeling so darned confused and stupid at work.  I have no less than 30 different, archaeic screens that I have to use.  Drives me nuts.  We got rid of this system in lieu of a new one in comp & pension at my old job at least five years ago.  Of course, the new one drove us crazy but was soooooo user friendly. I loved it.  The old system I'm back on looks like heiroglyphics.  I can't understand half of them because I never used these particular screens in the past.  I have two systems that feed off of each other.  The new case management system I love but it grabs all the info off the 40 year old system.  If a case won't go through and complete, there's an error somewhere.  Then I have to go through 30 screens and try to figure out the error on the beast system. 

I got two rejects back today that somehow went through with errors.  My boss was giving me instructions on what to do with them but I was running out the door.  Good grief!  This is like a totally different VA I'm in now.

I called Megan at 3 pm.  They were just pulling in and unloading.  It took them 19 hrs which is about right.  I'm so thankful they arrived in one piece.  Lord, I wish I had stowed away in the trunk.  I WANT to see the beach and the sun and feel the heat.  Pa. has very little nice weather.  The summer restores me so I can live through the drab and dreary months.  LOL...I do believe I have a sun addiction.  When I was sitting in Ft. Myers airport last summer, CNN was doing a piece on this very thing.

Thank God tomorrow is Friday.  I'm praying for a beautiful sunny day this weekend; at least one day.  Today the skywas blue when I left for work; very chilly; only 50 but not a cloud in the sky.  The clouds rolled in again around 11 am and it's only 70.  I don't need 90; I could live with 80 and SUN....yes, I want to see the sun.

I have so much mail to sort through.  No one emptied my mail box for days.  I don't think the mailman could have crammed one more thing in it.  I took my trash out to the curb this morning and about died when I opened the box.  I know what my job will be for tonight.

Hope everyone is having a better one than me.  I'm thinking the furnace may click on again tonight.  Can you believe it?

              Chris

 

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

My AOL was acting up.....i am not having a good day either.....hard times going back to work for me...

i hate it that you are stressing at work...i hope that things smooth out and boy am i glad that Megan is there...wish you were too. Wish i could drive up and get you and we could fly to some tropical paradise for a week with some drinks, and no stress!
Love you,lisa

Anonymous said...

Chris, I hope you get some sun soon...lol. It`s a lovely day here. I`m glad to hear that Megan arrived safely. I know you`re relieved! Things at work will come to you. You haven`t been in this dept all that long yet and it sounds like there`s a lot to learn. Take it easy.
Love ya,
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

glad Megan got there safe and sound! I know that is a big relief for you, Chris. Sorry the system at work is so bad; that has got to be frustrating and I bet you never feel like you get a lot accomplished there.

hoping you get some sun; I know what you mean. I am much happier on days the sun is out; I need that bright light.

betty

Anonymous said...

First, I'm glad Megan is there; that in itself is a relief. It's rough being new at a job and I've no doubt you've felt stressed to the limits but remember you are just new and you'll learn.  You sound very frustrated and hopefully you'll get some sun. We haven't had much here. Lotsa rain. Ick!
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Girl, don't pull that hair out. Glad Megan made it safely.  Too bad you couldn't stow away for a little R & R.  It'll warm up soon and you'll be ready for fall, eh? We have already had more than enough 100 degree days already. LOL
Sorry your work has been so frustrating. Hope the weekend coming brings sunshine and happy feelings.
Hugs, Barb  

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping Friday is better.
Missie

Anonymous said...

glad she got there safe:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Megan made it safely!   I understand about feeling stupid and confused at work.  I'm having a really hard time, now.  We'll both do fine, though.  It takes perserverance.  I think we've both got that.  
Hey...come visit me sometime!  I'll give you all the beaches and heat you want!!  Can't believe you're having such cool weather.  And your furnace might kick on?? IN JULY?? Unbelievable!  
Take care Chris....Hugs to ya!
Pamela

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that Megan made it to fl in one peice. I am sure that takes a load off your shoulders.  

I know your tired of the cold dreary days I sure hope it gets sunny for you soon.


Hugs,
Chelle

Anonymous said...

I am sorry darling that you are having such a bad day.  It sucks when things are arwy at work and there is not really anything to do about it but learn, and that is all you can do.  I am doing that same thing right now.  I am in a job where I don't know everything, and I can only learn from my mistakes.  I am happy that your baby made her destination ok.
KJ

Anonymous said...

What a relief Megan is fine ,sorry the job is taxing you at the minute ,it will all come together, just like that ,you'll see ! meanwhile have a relaxing weekend .....Jan xx

Anonymous said...

good luck with the mail hun lol,dont envy you that you sun worshipper you!!xxzoexx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/DomesticAbuse/

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,

Sorry you're having it rough at work.  It's always so hard to start a new job when everything is different.....much easier after you know your way around and don't have to think twice about how to do something.  You're so intelligent though, you'll be there in no time!  That's wonderful news that your Meg got there safely!!  Now you can relax, until time for the trip back home, huh? (ha)  Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,

Sorry you're having it rough at work.  It's always so hard to start a new job when everything is different.....much easier after you know your way around and don't have to think twice about how to do something.  You're so intelligent though, you'll be there in no time!  That's wonderful news that your Meg got there safely!!  Now you can relax, until time for the trip back home, huh? (ha)  Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

Happy Megan is back in one piece.  Sorry about work, I hope it all works out.

Anonymous said...

Girl I know I have a sun addiction...lol...huggies, TerryAnn