The last couple of days have been rough ones; it could be worse but still....
I got home from work on Wednesday, and Grizzly could not walk on his hind legs at all. He was limping and falling. I had increased the natural supplements a month ago. I called the vet and got an appt. for Thursday after work. I knew they wanted to start him on the NSAID Rimadyl. I spent most of the night on web sites. It was something I really was afraid of.
I was worried sick at work all day Thursday because I was afraid he would fall and hurt himself worse. Thank the Lord, I saw the one vet I really like. He had baseline bloodwork done in November. He's on a smaller dose then recommended to begin with. From what I've read as long as his blood is monitored closely, he can be taken off of the drug and not suffer any damage if any changes begin to appear. I'm still totally worried about this but he's actually walking and jumping on the couch again.
The trip home was a nightmare because it was snowing like no tomorrow. Thank God Joey was driving. It was awful. Three more inches piled up again.
Megan called me at work on Thursday. She had a follow up appt and is not healing from the cryosurgery. She was swabbed with medication and goes back on Wednesday.
Then I couldn't connect to AOL from Wednesday night. When I got home from the vet's, I spent an hour with some silly tech who finally connected me to an actual AOL tech with a southern accent...whoo hoo. I also found out that since I'm still paying, I should never have to speak to anyone but American techs. How about that? Anyway, within a minute, he figured out that it was my DSL connection so I spent 23 mins waiting to speak to a DSL tech with Embarq. LOL....I had to reset my modem...unplug it for a few seconds, plug it back in and restart the pc...voila!
I couldn't access journals for a couple of days and had problems sending mail. This has all seemed to clear up so maybe it was my modem all along.
The kitty is throwing her food up again. She has to eat tiny amounts spread apart over hours or it comes back up. They suspect a blockage but not severe because she hasn't lost any weight. I'm simply drained right now financially and emotionally so Mocha has to be put on hold for a month or so but definitely needs some tests done.
We are expecting an ice storm tonight through tomorrow.
Joey and I are going into Pittsburgh this afternoon. Megan's college is having some sort of carnival, and Megan is singing and dancing in it. LOL...I really need a good laugh.
My BF and I went to Days Inn last night and danced the night away. Some little hussy got her nose out of joint and stepped on my feet trying to trip me. I "accidentally" tromped on her foot. ROFL...I'm so bad. She sent her big girl over to take care of me. Didn't happen because I stood up and looked her right in the eyes, and she backed off. Dang, I'm too old to get in fights with girls my daughters' age and for the life of me I can't figure out why they get so threatened with two old farts dancing.
I'm off to fill some prescriptions and pick up a few things before we leave because I don't think I'll be going anywhere tomorrow.
I'll be around to visit tonight and get the tags sent that I owe you.
HUGS & LOVE Chris