Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Good and the Bad

Sorry for the long download time but I'm just in love with the glitz and graphics of the Christmas Spirit.  I think I'll talk about yesterday.

There are five of us at work that our old time friends.  We went out for our annual Christmas lunch.  We went to a place called Cafe Euro which had formerly been a Nick and Tony's (sp).  The food was outstanding.  I had a seafood medley pasta which had shrimp, scallops, crab and salmon in it with a light alfredo sauce.  It was on the pricey end but, hey, it's Christmas.  Out of this world....it was a huge platter with some of the biggest shrimp and scallops I've ever had.  The crab and salmon were outstanding.  And, of course...lol...I devoured every bite.

When we got back, my BF had been to the nurse's office.  He felt like his blood pressure was up but actually his pulse was racing.  She wanted him to go straight to an ER.   Of course, he didn't.  I'm thinking she called his doctor.  A long story short....his doctor thought he should leave and go home and go straight to the hospital for testing.  It was around 3 so he waited until 4 for the bus.  Then he told me he was going to wait until this morning...not a good idea...but he's stubborn.  Actually, he did go when he got home.  Had a full work-up except for the stress test which will be next week.  So far, everything checks out good. His shingles are flaring up again.  The docs think that is playing a part in his problems, and the nurse probably scared the life out of him which caused his pulse to raise higher.  I was ready to lose it but then threw my prayers up for some peace from the Lord over something I couldn't control and for the strength to accept whatever outcome.

This newfound (actually old faith, which I let slip) faith is restoring my sanity to a previous level.  Why do I periodically let go?  I don't know but I've done this occasionally throughout my life.  The good thing is God never lets me go too far without pulling the rug out from under me.

Megan will be home Friday (haha).  I'm putting off my shopping until she gets home.  She loves it and will be a super help so why not let her?

Have a great day all....I'm cleaning and finishing my decorating because next week will be far too hectic......

                                                                  chris        

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your BF is ok!!!! I have to finish my decorating and shopping too! Glad I'm not in a boat by myself!!! lol........ http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

It doesn't take that long to load for me....I guess it just depends on what kind of service you have to get online.  Hope everything turns out ok with your BF.  That's kind of scary.  My husband has really high blood pressure but he chooses to ignore it.  One of these days, ya know?  That food sounds delish, love seafood!  And have fun with Megan!  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

If you start just wearing baggy sweat pants and big sweaters his pulse should come down.....tehehehehe..... hope is better soon maybe we can compare monitors...lol

Anonymous said...

I really dont have No Problem what so ever w/the down load it pops up quickly..

Yummy the Sea Food sounds "Esquisito" Delicious, I am a Sea Food Lover..  
I Love your Ginger Breads  :o6..

Take care and have fun w/ur Daughter Mari

Anonymous said...

love the graphic; it didn't take long to load. BF needs not to be too stubborn with symptoms that he was experiencing. Men!!

Your lunch sounded delicious!

betty

Anonymous said...

Lunch sounds wonderful:) glad BF went to the doc can't be to careful

Deb

Anonymous said...

Your graphics are darling!!! So cute.  I also love sea food!!!  Wouldnt it be fun to go to lunch together and have some yummy seafood!!!

P.S. Come Christmas Caroling with me... Check it out...Kara

Anonymous said...

Hope he does better....and the shingles...I have never had them but I hear they are extremely painful. And I enjoy your graphics too :)