Sunday, December 4, 2005

MY FIRST ATTEMPT

My first attempt at PSP..lol...Shelly...thanks!  My poor angel's wings are a bit clipped because I couldn't quite get the cropping done right and the color pallette was blowing my mind, along with just about everything else but I did it!

What a frustrating day this has been.  I had to download AOL's new security center because I couldn't scan the spyware.  Sheesh, why don't they tell you about this stuff?

I had to go into my master SN to do it which doesn't bother me but it took over 2 hrs.  I found out why.  My computer has a Norton firewall that came with it.  It wasn't downloading properly.  Had to disable that and start again.  It downloaded quickly after that.  What really, really annoyed me was that I had to access it through AIM.  AIM is under Megan's SN and password.  Now what is the purpose of me doing under the Master SN to download but then have to enter it through my daughter's AIM account?  Luckily it popped up her password and I was able to change it to my SN.  I was ready to bang my head off the wall.

LOL...AOL's firewall was annoying me because it seemed like every 30 seconds I was being alerted to something trying to enter a port.

Then I opened up Shelly's journal and saw the PSP download she so generously provided and thought "OH NO".  Yep, confusing as all get out but she also provided a step-by-step tutorial for us.  Still going crazy but I managed a crude attempt. 

I had Fox News on while I was downloading all this stuff.  There was a story about internet addiction.  If you spend more than two hours a day online, not work related, then you have an internet addiction.  Guess, that's me.....

So, anyway, I'm off to read journals.  I'm breaking in my new crockpot today with barbecued pork, carrots, peppers, onions, potatoes, etc.  Smells really good plus I don't have to do anything but let it cook.   That way, I can continue feeding my internet addiction. 

Hope everyone has a great day!  My head is pounding.  I'm too old for all this new stuff..lol

Chris

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! Thanks for sharing...
Ps. I tried adding you to my private journal...
If you are still interested in reading here is my link. Let me know if you can't get in ok?
http://journals.aol.com/articwulf58368/ShhhDonttell/
Brandie

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your day has been so hectic! i must say I do not consider myself addicted to the intenet.  I guess I spend between 1-2 hours a day online.  I guess it all depends on the person haha!

Kara

Anonymous said...

I think your angel is just precious! If you had not told me about the wings, I never would have guessed they were a bit clipped! Your first attempt at PSP is awesome! Great job :)

(I too have an Internet addiction, LOL; perhaps we need to start a support group - online of course :)

enjoy dinner; sounds delicious :)

betty

Anonymous said...

Well......I guess I'm addicted!!! lol........ http:journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

Dinner sounds good, your angel looks so good such talent:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I'm addicted too Chris...lol
Good job on ur first graphic....
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

I just don't have the patience to wait for that stuff, and any way isn,t it the download that puts you into the addiction time frame...lol

Anonymous said...

I like using the crockpot too. Leave in the morning with the food in there and come home to a complete meal. We have the firewall to but I don't think it is the same one and I know it did not take too long to download. But when I am trying to download something that takes forever then I get really frustrated!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris... I just ate dinner while waiting for your journal to load. heh heh...just kidding. ( Like mine is any different! ) These graphics you made are just terrific! You may have to quit your job and do this full time. Hey, I can smell your delicious food cooking all the way over here in Ohio.  :0)
~Penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

lol an angel with clipped wings, do you have horns holding up your halo.
lol
great job hon.
Missy

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris.  I have no idea what PSP or any of that stuff is.  I don't know how to do anything on my computer except type.  I am such a dork.  I as well have an internet addiction, but I really don't like the internet except for to do this journal stuff.  I hope that you had a fantastic weekend.
Katie Jane