Sunday, December 18, 2005

The Tornado Strikes

PSP is officially closing until after Christmas.  Somehow, I managed to add snow.  Now, it took me all evening and nothing else got done so today I am avoiding this computer.  Actually, I think I need IA (internet anonymous).

I went to bed around midnight.  Megan was working until 11:30 and then was picking up a girlfriend to go to a friend's party.  The friend lives way out in the sticks.  Megan is not allowed to drive that far alone that late.  I'm not sure why she didn't go but she was supposed to spend the night there (also one of my rules).

All I know is that I was just falling into a deep sleep and heard a blood curdling scream; at least I thought I heard it.  I actually thought I was dreaming.  But no, I heard it again, and my heart stopped.  It was Megan.  Joey was home so she was downstairs with him.  She came flying up the steps crying like I've never heard her cry; literally hysterical.  Thank God she looked fine and in one piece.  My first thought was the car.  She could barely get her words out....but she did. 

ROFL....Goldie, the almost two year old, carnival goldfish was floating belly up in the bowl when she got home from work.   Goldie had sat on our bar in the familyroom for 24 hrs in half of his water when she got home from school.  She did change the water sometime yesterday, and I bought Goldie more food when we were dodging the crowds at Walmart yesterday afternoon.  No...Mocha didn't eat Goldie.  I believe Goldie's time had come.  Megan was also hysterical because Mocha had been drinking the crusty old water out of Goldie's bowl.  She was sure Mocha had expired also...Nope, Mocha is alive and well and eating right now beside me.

Anyway, now was the time to put Goldie to rest.  Joey was all too willing to be the one to flush Goldie (ok, where's the wuss who wouldn't clean up the dead mouse).  I wanted Goldie in the garbage.  Goldie is no small goldfish and my plumbing is always backing up anyway.  LOL...the tears came flowing again.  Goldie had to go back to his "roots".  The sewage system?  Oh, well...Goldie got flushed and the plumbing is still flowing.  Megan went to bed after she called all her friends grieving about the goldfish that she is always moaning about being such a pain.  She simply could not go anywhere after this devestating experience.

Again, gotta love those 19 year old girls.  And she's been home for what....not quite 48 hrs.  It's going to be a long and interesting month, for sure.

Take care all...crunch time is coming.  

                                        CHRIS

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

RIP Goldie.  I have fish too so I understand.  I lost a little shark and a sucky fish this year.  lol  Your graphic looks great.....love the little bears.  Remember what I said, after you've worked with it for a while....you learn the tools and I'm still learning! lol  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Love the bears and snow:) poor gold fish

Deb

Anonymous said...

I posted a Childs Christmas Prayer in mine today.

Gabreael

http://gabreaelsbodymindandspirit.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I think two years is a long time for a goldfish's life isn't it? You know, maybe it was a blessing that Goldie died and Megan stayed at home and didn't venture out last night. Sorry for her grieve, but you wonder about events, you know?

I need IA too.

betty

Anonymous said...

Poor Goldie. I'm sure he had a good life!!

Anonymous said...

You can't help but smile at this one! That Goldie was one loved fish!!!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

pooh pooh....PSP officially closing for now? I will have to believe that when I see it! :0)
Gosh, you had me scared there for a minute about Megan.
Corey was home for less than 24 hours when the drama started here..... lol
~Penny

Anonymous said...

Oh poor Goldie.  I am so sorry to hear that.  I have two pet fish at work (Sam and Frodo) and I am going to lose it the day we lose them.  My best to Megan.
Katie Jane

Anonymous said...

OMG how funny, Jewl has done this to me on countless occasions, I hear her scream and it almost gives me a friggen heart attack for some stupid little thing.
Hope you have a great time with kids at home,
Jeff

Anonymous said...

Chris sounds like you have your hands full........... I can relate...my daughter is 21...... http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

lol....  Woof I thought something happend..
Goldie the gold fish rest in peace Lol...  

I have 2 turtles and if they die I will be so so so Sad....

Take care Mari...

Anonymous said...

hey, were are You..???  anyways,,, Have a very Merry Christmas...  Take care Mari..