All is said and done and blown over with my boyfriend. God only knows what caused this explosion.
I see ex's are a major topic of journals. I would like to add the hatchet to mine.
1. We were married for 18 years; 11 of which he was a verbally abusive, out of control alcoholic. He put a knife to my neck and was put out of the house on a PFA.
2. He paid child support at a very good rate for three years because I set the amount at the PFA hearing. He didn't know he could quit paying it after 90 days and I would have to apply.
3. He stopped paying three years later when my oldest daughter turned 18. I then took him to court and got half of what I was getting.
4. As each child turned 18, he had me in court almost the day they turned 18 to have it reduced.
5. He hasn't contributed a cent toward their college education or otherwise, since. He said the state says they are adults at 18......yeah, right.
6. He is remarried to an attorney and lives extremely well. Would it hurt him to give his children some money for books or college expenses?
7. The kids could care less if he fell off the face of the earth. His mother and sister feel the same way. My "ex" in-laws are wonderful to my children. How did this man come from the same family?
8. He did promise my 19 year old daughter that he would give her money for books. He sent her $20 last week.
9. He and his wife take at least three vacations a year; a cruise, two weeks in Fla. and two weeks in Vegas and Arizona were the trips of choice this year. They have a condo in Marco Island, Fla. Have the children ever seen it? Of course not. I even offered the air fare.
10. He bought out his share of our old house when we divorced. I moved and bought a new house. The kids bedrooms are gone....one is a sitting room and the other is a walk=in closet for his new wife. They have to stay with other relatives when they go back at Christmas Eve for church and their grandma's celebration.
11. He seems to forget the day they were born. He will call and wish them a happy birthday anywhere from the next day to a week after it.
12. My son had his gall bladder removed two years ago. He called to wish him good luck but couldn't make it to the hospital.
13. He charges my oldest daughter to fix her car...can you really believe that one?
I've come to expect nothing from him. His reasoning for the longest time was that the pitiful little child support I got covered all the children's endeavors. In actuality, it paid the grocery bill for the month and maybe half of the electricity.
I've gotten over the rage I felt at times. This is totally his loss. He has three wonderful children and has totally blown it. They really have nothing to do with him except when their grandmother has family gatherings. He will someday be a very lonely old man. It couldn't happen to a more deserving person.