Saturday, October 8, 2005

Men are from Mars

Men are from Mars.....most definitely.  My boyfriend and I have been together for years.  We have our own homes because it works.  We've had very few arguments; mostly over a few major issues.  He usually never sweats the small stuff, until today.

There has been a cold drizzle all day in western Pa.  I called him to see if he wanted to go out to dinner.  Sometimes he picks me up; sometimes I meet him.  I told him I would see him at 5.  I assumed that meant we would meet.  Nothing was said about him picking me up or nothing I heard.

I drove to the restaurant and sat until 5:25 when my cell phone rang.  He was furious because he sat in my driveway for 20 minutes waiting for me and then went home.  Did he not notice my car was gone?  He finally asked my son where I was?  Walmart? Where in the world did he get that from? My son told him I drove to Eat N Park.  Is he not listening?  Is he the only person in the world who refuses to get a cell phone, which would have nipped this in the bud.  And the anger?  Over something so stupid.  He was angry because it is cold and raining and he had to sit in his truck for 20 minutes.  Where was I sitting for over 30 minutes?

Then he said he had mentioned that he would pick me up and we would decide where to eat, then go to the mall.  Was he talking to me?  I could not have missed that much of the conversation.  No...he said he was going to surprise me with that when he picked me up.  I seemed to have missed the picking up part, he insists.  Of course, because he never said it.  It was a 4:30 conversation.  It was short and quick.  I said, "I'll see you at 5."  No specifics.

Now, he won't answer his phone.  I imagine, most likely, he did end up going to the mall.  He never sits at home much.  He is antsy and likes to walk around.  The weather is awful so the mall is the perfect spot.  I tried calling him back and reasoning with him.  He only got angrier.  Sheesh...how can anyone get so angry over something so God awful stupid?

And what am I left with after all of this?  A splitting headache and upset stomach.

What is up with men?  I don't get it.  It was simple miscommunication and misunderstanding.  Is that worth crushing someone over?

No comments: