Wednesday, November 2, 2005

As 2005 is Ending

 

I borrowed this from Missy who borrowed it from Boo...floating thru J-Land

What do you hope to accomplish with the little bit of time left in the year? I'm really hoping to lose the last 10 lbs of the 20 I packed on at the beginning of this year.  I'm yo-yoing constantly.  I do real well and then treat myself really well. 

What was your biggest disappointment this year?  My son was supposed to start college in Ft. Myers, Fla. for fixing irrigation systems in golf courses.  We have friends who live in Naples, and my son was going to live there.  When we arrived, she had a man living there who her husband knew nothing about. (The husband was staying staying in Md. until the youngest child graduates his coming June)  My son wanted to stay.  I made him come home.  The home is now for sale and the wife is in N.C. so my instincts were right because he would have been home by now anyway.  This was something he had his heart set on doing.  He loves Fla. and loved the field he was going into.  Not a big market for it in Pa.

Your happiest moment in 2005? Getting this new computer.  I had a six year old HP that crashed constantly.  Also getting a handle on graphics and the file manager.  And....clicking on the blog community and starting this journal.

What do you hope to change in 2006? I hope to be able to have a better paying job so that I'm not constantly feeling like I have to rob Peter to pay Paul; although overtime the past month or two has helped tremendously.

All in all, how was 2005 for you? I thank the Lord for every New Year that I wake up to and every year that I've made it through....life istoo fleeting and unpredictable not to try to learn to savor every moment; good and bad.

(my initials, also a nickname)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What do I hope to accomplish in 2006?  A new house!  Definitely.  We are so crowded in here that nobody can breathe in private.  Or anything else for that matter.  Great entry!  GBU, Shelly