Friday, November 11, 2005

Looking in the Closet

"You are my sunshine; my only sunshine.  You make me happy when skies are gray....."           

No bombshells today.  Only a beautiful day with my beautiful daughter who exudes love, compassion, a zest for life, and an understanding of human nature which astounds me.

Looking through her closet today and being in her bedroom, which is a veritable "HK" paradise (her acronym for Hello Kitty) brought the memories flooding back.

She was a gorgeous baby...looked like the Gerber baby.  And she was always so darned happy; hence the song I always sang to her.  I called her my "sunshine" for the longest time.  And she had her dad wrapped around her finger which spared her the wrath and hell that her two older siblings had to endure.

Not that she wasn't stubborn from Day One.  She would stomp those little feet but was so quick to kiss and make up.  She could never take "no" for an answer; still doesn't like the word.  My son would always say you could see the smoke coming out of her ears when she didn't get her own way.  She knew the limits but always pressed the envelope; still does.  Her famous word, well two, three, four was..."But Why, Why, Why?"  The more excited she got, the more why's were added.

But she has grown so much this second year of college.  I could see that today.  She is also a minnie me personality wise.  And she wonders just how it is so easy for me to crawl into her mind.

We went to PF Chang's for lunch....they have a gluten-free menu which she must follow; then on to Old Navy and Target (a veritable Hello Kitty paradise).  She insisted on paying for lunch, tip and all.

My son often asks me which of my children is my favorite.  I say none really.  My heart has grown three times the size it was before I had them.  I will have to dedicate a journal page to each one of them.  They are so special.

Megan can't wait to read my journal when she gets home.  LOL...I have to be very careful what I post in the coming week.

So, this is dedicated to my Baby, her SN and my nickname for her now......here's to ya, little one, you make my heart swell.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!  My 12yo is also in love with Hello Kitty and has the SN too! lol  Glad you two had a good day together!  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Chris, I am so happy that you had such a wonderful day with your daughter.  I love spending time with my mommy too.  She is my best friend.  I only live about five miles from her, but I miss her everyday that I don't see her.  Thanks for sharing your beautiful day.
Katie Jane

Anonymous said...

Chris, your a wonderful mother who loves her children for who they are and not what they do. They are so blessed to have you in their lives, I hope they know this. What some people wouldn't do to have one memory of a day with mom......~j~

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time and it sounds like you have a lotta love to go around, lucky children.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for another wonderful entry. Your day with Megan sounded very much like a typical day with my daughter when I go to visit her, also in her 2nd year at college. Your children are blessed to have you and vice versa.
Love,
~Penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

me and your daughter should get together and go to the sanrio store!!!  i think the closest one is near Philadelphia (King of Prussia)...lol

Annie =)