The first of my "celebration" entries taken from Missy's journal. (LOL...the little elf at the top is smiling...not gonna be me when half of the light strands don't work.)
1. Do you already have your Christmas tree up? If so when did you put it up? If not when will you put it up?
I absolutely love the Christmas season and Christmas decorations. Such warmth it exudes in the house. Actually, I put up three trees (would be four but the previous owner installed a humidified patio door in my diningroom. As soon as I get a new door, this will be another place for a beautiful tree.) At least two will go up this weekend.
2. Do you have any particular theme when it comes to decorating your tree? Maybe you do all Disney ornaments? Only blue lights? Tell us how you decorate your tree. Kudos if you have a picture and post it.
LOL..no life so I have themes for each room. My sunporch has a small tree with blue and white lights with angels. My livingroom previously was white lights with snowmen but may change this year. My familyroom is a 10ft. live tree with all our old favorite keepsakes and new favorites. Sorry, no kudo's for me this year. (Maybe Santa will finally buy me a digital camera and someone will teach this techno whiz how to use it.)
3. What is your all time favorite ornament? Only one. Kudos again if you have a picture and post it.
I'm not even sure there is a favorite. I seem to have an attachment to all the one's that go in the familyroom.
4. How many stockings do you hang and are any of them for pets? And...where do you hang them? (Not everyone has a fireplace)
We have six..handknitted by my aunt...one for me, three for each child...one for Grizzly, the dog; and one for Mocha, the cat. But no mantle in this 90 year old house. Can you imagine that? So, they hang on the old woodwork stair railing.
5. Tell us about one of your Christmas traditions.
Traditions have changed so much post divorce but my children still get to spend Christmas Eve with the in-laws, which is a beautiful family experience that I sorely miss. There is a huge feast and much love and gifts. I miss my in-laws more than I would have imagined. I spend Christmas Eve now with my mother and brother and wife but I still go to the church service at our old church with my children. I simply will not give that up.
chris....yeah...lol...I know this will be a download nightmare....but I'd love to see the rest of you do these questions...love those traditions!