Monday, November 21, 2005

Mary Did You Know?

This will probably be one of my more serious posts.  Music can move me to tears; happy, inspirational tears.  Our local radio station is playing Christmas music non-stop.  I listen to it at work and find it so relaxing.

One of my most favorite moving songs is the title of this post.  I heard it today for the first time this year and got the old teary, goosebumps again.  I had only heard it for the first time a couple of Christmas' ago and was moved from the first time I heard it.

I was looking on websites at work during lunch for the words and came upon a site with the most beautiful graphics, the words, plus the version of the song by Kenny Rogers and Wynonna Judd, which is my favorite.  I'm putting the link up.  Let it download completely and once it's downloaded the music will begin.  Hope it works for you.  Don't open it unless you want to  hear and see a totally Christian song.

I also want to add that when I started this journal I had absolutely no idea why I did it.  I've come to learn that I've gained some of the most wonderful friends one could ever hope for.  Thank you all for that.  I feel there is a purpose for everything in my life and I was led to J-Land and intend to stay put.

Here's the link that opens my heart to the real meaning of Christmas and renews my Christianity:

~ Mary Did You Know? ~

                                                  

                                                         

                                                                    

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that song!!!!
I believe the first time i heard it
was when Kathy Mattea(sp?) did it...
and i have loved it ever since....
Hugss...~Terri~

Anonymous said...

We all think that you are pretty great to there darling...especiall me love.  I am going to download the song and listen to it, I'll let ya know what I think.
Katie Jane

Anonymous said...

We were going to do this song for the Christmas concert but we had to cancel the concert becouse we have no drummer.

Anonymous said...

ahhh thanks for sharing
my grandmothers name was Mary.
Missy  

Anonymous said...

That is just beautiful.  I loved it.  My favorite is the Little Drummer Boy.  : )  Thanks for sharing this.  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Chris... I know this song and love it so much!! I got goosebumps just reading this entry about it. I`m so glad I came across you and your journal. I had no idea when I started mine that I would meet so many wonderful friends like you.
~Penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful song..  It sure does brings the Light of Xmas...  Take care Mari

Anonymous said...

I love this song too. My favorite is Silent Night. I listent o Christmas music even in the summer. It is just so beautiful....