Sunday, November 27, 2005

Memories

"Moose Deer"

This picture brought back some ancient Christmas memories when my children were small.  Most of my friends at the time were associated with our church.  All were having "Christmas Around the World" parties....the home-based Christmas decoration party thing.  Does that even still exist?

Anyway, I had been to my share of parties and, of course, was coerced into having one myself.  One of the freebies for having a party was a moose that played 36 different Christmas songs.  It would play 12; push the button on its hand, 12 more; push the button again, you got it, 12 more.  Of course, my ex thought it was stupid but I decided that it was perfect for Megan, who was 18 months old at the time.

Megan couldn't understand the moose concept so she called it "Moose Deer".  Moose Deer became her nighttime buddy.  It was so funny.  She would wake up in the middle of the night in her crib and all of a sudden you would hear Moose Dear playing away.  She had her favorites, even at that young age.  She would keep flipping that little button on the hand until she heard what she wanted to.

Actually, Moose Deer wasn't allowed to be put away after the holidays.  Moose Deer slept with Megan for many years all year long.  And every night, when she would wake up or every morning if she hadn't awakened during the night, Moose Deer would start singing away.......

I'm not sure what happened to Moose Deer.  The last time we saw it was shortly before we moved, and it still worked.  I may have to dig through my attic and see if I can find it.  Along with it, I'm sure will be Joey's favorite buddy, Teddy Ruxpin, who most definitely doesn't work anymore but was fixed many, many times.........Awwww the memories..........

 

    thanks for visiting..nite...chris                          

                                                           

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhhhh!!! Memories....they keep us somewhat sane!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, thanks for sharing this. How cute! I can just imagine the sounds of Moose Deer in the middle of the night while the rest of the world slept. Precious memories :)

betty

Anonymous said...

Awww, what a cute story about Moose Deer. I love that she played it in the middle of the night. How cute! My daughter has had a favorite doll since she was one year old. You should see this thing but she still loves it!!
~Penny







Anonymous said...

That's a cute story!  I remember those parties--my sis had one, and I got a "Heart-To-Heart Bear" out of it--and I still have it--20 years later.

Annie =)

Anonymous said...

aww never heard of moose deer

Deb

Anonymous said...

Awww....sweet memories
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

They grow so fast...don't they? Have to cheerish those memories!!

Anonymous said...

HEY I dont know what a Moose deer is? Lol...  But so true when the memories come back we all get sad in a happy way...  I love the Graphic.. Take care Mari

Anonymous said...

That is just darling!  I love it how kids pick a cuddle buddy and moose deer sounds great!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

What a cutie..."Moose Dear,"  I love it.  What a sweet story.  I hope that you have lots of luck getting your trees up.  I bet they are beautiful.
Katie Jane