Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Crud & Other Things

Hi Everyone!

I think I've got that creeping crud once again that just keeps spreading through my office.  It's comes on so fast.  I was super tired at work yesterday, which is pretty unusual for me, had a headache when I got home.  Now, I'm hacking, congested and "barfy".   Great!   I'm thinking this is illness #4 since Sept.  So much for the flu shot.....

I was running, literally, for my bus because I catch it across the street from my building and I have about a 3 min. time frame and my cell phone rang....sheesh.  I knew it had to be one of my kids.  It was Megan.  I hesitate to talk of Megan's crises on here because she is super sensitive at age 19 to what I say.  Suffice it to say that her boyfriend needs a "break."  Of course, Mama's first instinct was I need to "break" him....lol.  But seriously, it's part of life but I can't stand when my girls get their hearts broken.  And, Lord, finals are coming up.  The child needs that scholarship.  Why is it that the boys need these "breaks" around Christmas and Valentines Day?  Hmmmm......

Another blurp in my life....I think I'm going to kill this computer.  Or maybe it's just AOL.  I keep getting little messages that all this Microsoft crap isn't working right.  I had an error last night that I was supposed to forward to Microsoft.  It restarted my computer and said I had to sign on to AOL to send it.  Of course, when I signed on, the message was gone.

Blurp #2....my second car is in the shop.  Needs rear brakes and rotors and the muffler is falling off.  Actually, if I start it up and leave it running, I could asphyxiate my neighborhood.  And, of course, it's a dual exhaust that needs replaced to the catalytic converter.  But it's the original muffler...133,000 miles on it so who is complaining...Me.  Merry Christmas!

Blurp #3....my Christmas tree for the livingroom looks like crap.  It's dusty and those silly artifical branches just can't be bent anymore to even look half decent.  Tree shopping?  LOL...a little Alke-Seltzer Plus and off I'm going.

 

Blurp #4..........  Yep....snow again in western Pa.  Probably not until Thursday morning but this weather is too weird.  6 inches of snow...65 degrees again for two days....now it's cold and going to snow again.

Blurp #5....These ads above are really starting to annoy me for some reason. 

Blurp #6....I love all of you.  Your comments make my day and give me strength.  I thank the Lord every day that I started this journal.  He knows all and leads me to a place of sanity.  And, yeah, lol...I'm using the word Blurp instead of what I'm thinking in my head.  Lord, forgive me for my thoughts coz You can read my mind.  I'm calling it temporary insanity due to feeling like crap from the crud........

 

                       Love this little sign.  Thanks for visiting and your comments.  You all are definitely leaving footprints on my heart.  chris                                        

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodmorning chris
I hope you start to feel better soon
Missy
PS we love you too hon.

Anonymous said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Is it possible  to pass a bug around on the internet, we all seem to be getting sick at the same time....lol... hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! Poor Megan and what an a** H*l*, I hope when the HolidaYS ARE over he dosnt come looking for her...  and let her know to dont forgive him...SOME Guys think they got it like that..

I hope your Daughter feels better, tell her to dont stress over him he wasnt worth anything and theres plenty Fishes in the SEA...

I hope you Fix your X-mas Tree problem Lol...  

I hope you have a better Day...  
Take care Mari

Anonymous said...

#1--You get the office sickness too? I've got it twice so far...lol.  
#2--I hope Megan feels better--that guy (like most) was a complete jerk!
#3--I haven't even dug my tree out of the closet yet...maybe today.  I can just imagine the work that's in store to make it look good. =(
#4--And you're getting MORE SNOW???  Send some my way!  The rain we got last night...if it was snow, we'd be buried!
#6--I'm happy to be of service, reading and leaving comments and all.  ;-)

Annie =)

Anonymous said...

Yea I hate it when boyfriends act like jerks!!! My daughter just got out of a relationship with a total jerk!!!

Anonymous said...

This entry put a big grin on my face, because it sounds so much like my life.  At least I know I'm not alone.  : )  GBU, Shelly
P.S.  I'm glad we are friends too, even if we are temporarily insane!  

Anonymous said...

Wow you have had a rough few days. It can only get better!!

Anonymous said...

These things always happen in large groups. Never for some reason can they come on one at a time.  I have a little story Im going to write in my journal and I want you to have your daughter read it!  It will definatley help with the whole "break" situation...

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

Boy oh boy....when it rains it pours! Or shall I say, when it snows it blizzards?? What is Megan doing calling you today - it`s not even Friday yet! Nothing harder than watching our children go through these things. I hope you feel better. Get some rest and deal with things one at a time. Love ya....
~Penny

http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

Oh my darling...I am sorry that you are feeling so awful.  I hope that this ill thing goes away soon.  That is the worst.  I am sorry for your daughter...I will add that "boyfriend" to my icky list...tell her that I will have words with him if she would like.  LOL.  I hope that she feels better soon.  Chris you are just so sweet and I love sending you the love through these comments, and I'm glad that you find all of us so helpful...anytime you need hugs...hollar.
Katie Jane