Friday, November 11, 2005

Veterans Day

Today is Veterans Day and the day when we give tribute and thanks to those who have served our country to preserve and enable our many freedoms.

Every day is veterans day for me because I work for the agency that compensates and cares for our countries' vets.  This mission actually started with Abraham Lincoln.  For many years, there was his quote at the bottom of the letter head:  "To care for those who have bourne the battle and for their widows and their children." 

So....to all those who have served and are serving.....a huge salute to all of you.......

                                 

THANKS!!!!!!!

chris

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great entry
Missy

Anonymous said...

My dad served in the Navy for a few years back in the 50's.  I have this awesome portrait of him and I wanted to put it up in my journal to share...but it's hard cardboard backing and I have no way of scanning it.  Maybe someday I will take it somewhere to have it digitized.  He looks so handsome in his younger days in his uniform!  thanks for this entry and thinking about our veterans!  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

As a vet I appreciate everyones words of thanks on this day, so Thank you for caring.

Anonymous said...

Chris, that was a beautiful entry and the graphics are sensational.
~Penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace