Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The snow is falling fiercely here.  I'm not so sure that I'm quite so thankful as I was.  Megan is at work and doesn't get off until 10 but we are on top of the mountain so it's all level and flat for her drive home.

The terrain is western Pa. is billy goat terrain.  It is not conducive at all for driving.  There is really not many places to drive without a major mountain to ascend or descend.  It never bothered me at all until the last year or so.  I'm not sure why but I think it has to do with the fact that the county and state are getting stingy with the anti-skid stuff and let the roads get almost impassable.

I've come to the conclusion that what will be, will be.  The snow is supposed to fall off and on through early Saturday morning.  Not too thrilling for me as I have to work Friday and my mountain is hard to get off of when the salt trucks aren't running (and they won't be since most people have Friday off).

Anyway, Megan really would love to go to my brother's.  Her grandma, God Bless her, is baking two sets of desserts and Megan loves her sweets so we will do our best to get there.  I would love to see my mom also.

I have prayed to God to end this silly bitterness I feel.  I think it's working.

                       

And Penny, I am so disappointed with Walmart...LOL.  The trees were ugly and expensive.  We didn't get one.  My BF did stop to pick up stuffing I made for him.  He cooks for his mom and brother.  I just love his mom and will stop in to visit if we end up going. If it's really bad out, he's cancelling his Thanksgiving until Sunday because his family has to travel pretty far to his place. 

We (my BF and I)  went to K-Mart and I saw my tree....it's $99 but will be half off tomorrow from 7-9 pm.  He's going to get it for me since I may or may not be home.  I'm also going to get the ornaments for it that they have on it.  This is going to be the tree I've always wanted.  My kids get to do the real one in the family room and Mom gets to go fancy in the livingroom.  I'm sort of excited about this because I actually have some extra money this year for some reason.

LOL to the pie at the top....my mom makes the best pumpkin pie in the world....enough to brave the snow; maybe not, but I won't use the snow as an excuse.......

                          

                                 

 

                                         

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be safe and have a Happy Thanksgiving...
I hope your daughter makes it home ok...
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

My ex in-laws live in PA on a mountain also. It`s crazy!
Shame on Walmart! I guess you need to come here and shop at mine. :)
Hope Megan gets in safely and you have a nice time tomorrow no matter where you end up spending it. Your BF sounds nice. Been seeing him long? Does he have a brother?? heh
~Penny

Anonymous said...

Hello lovely lady.  Snow snow snow...I hear ya.  I also saw the big storm that you are getting on the news last night.  I did not realize that you were right there.  It is supposed to be a biggie.  Well, I am happy that you don't have to go to the icky's house.  Have a lovely dinner with your 2 out of the 3 babies.  Love ya and will be thankful for ya tomorrow.
Katie Jane

Anonymous said...

The mountains really sound fascinating.  It is so flat here.  And no snow ever : l  
I'm sorry to hear about the county not taking care of the roads.  They will regret it come election time.  I hope you and your family have a super fantastic Turkey Day!  GBU, Shelly
P.S. Save that last piece of pie for me.  : )

Anonymous said...

We're going to be getting our first big snow probably tonight (Montana). Its raining now, but its supposed to switch to snow as it cools off. The road crews will de-ice major intersections and plow downtown and major roads, but its pretty hit and miss what else they will do. Always an adventure. I learned to drive in Southern California and then twenty-five years later found myself driving on snow. What an experience. Thankfully, my 16 y/o learned to drive on snow; he is much more comfortable with it than I am.

betty